I never knew much about face primer and didn’t think much about it until I received a primer in my March Glam Bag. After doing some research I thought I would share with you the highlights of what I found.
Face primer gets your face ready for foundation by filling in lines and creases to make foundation go on more smoothly. One of the most common ingredients in face primer is silicone, which helps provide an adhesive surface for pigments. Interesting. I decided to dig further and found this information on the Pixi Primer I received:
- Pearl extract for revitalization, protection and anti-aging
- Truffle extract is a luxury additive rich in amino acids and minerals to tone and hydrate
- Vitamin E increases skin elasticity.
- Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant
- Vitamin C has revitalizing and nourishing benefits.
After using the primer several times, I really see no difference. My make-up Goddess, Jaclyn Hill, also thinks primers are a waste and I think highly of her makeup advice.
So tell me, do you use a primer, do you see results? I feel like I could be swayed to the Primer side if I used something that worked. Leave me your comments about face primer.